Bachelor of Jazz Performance (in progress)
Learn Electric Bass!
Skill Level: Beginner – Intermediate
Suitability: Ages 12 years and up
Pricing: $50 /hr ($30 /half hr)
House visit: $60 /hr
My name is Costa, I am a jazz trained musician majoring in Bass. I am also a professional musician, earning my income entirely from playing and teaching music. I have a lot of practical skills and theoretical knowledge to share with my students as well as a massive library of digital textbooks. I tailor specific lessons to target student weaknesses in order to strengthen their overall bass playing. I teach people of all ages, and I am eager to help out anyone who wants to learn more about bass; whether it be how to hold the instrument or how to compose your own music.
Lessons are held at my air conditioned studio in West End, but I can also come to your house if needed.
I am a jazz trained musician, and I therefore teach the bass as informed by jazz theory. Jazz literally opens up the world of contemporary Western music for you and puts you on the path to mastery.
Learning the electric bass encompasses many aspects of musical knowledge, the elements of bass that i teach include:
* The physicality of playing bass, including technique and posture.
* Finger training exercises used to gain strength and speed of your instrument.
* Technical knowledge of scales and arpeggios.
* Understanding basic western music theory in order to know why bass players play the notes they play, and what notes not to play!
* Understanding the role of the bass player, contextual to the type of music you want to play. Being able to hear the rest of the band and understanding their role as well.
* Developing the right attitude and practice routine for you.
These are some of the aspects of the electric bass I teach, delivered with easy to understand and organised content, uniquely designed and negotiated with each student.
These details were last updated on January 22, 2014