Max Msp Lessons
Styles: Electronic, classical, jazz, modern, other, all, any
Skill Level: Beginner
Pricing: $30/$60 for individual lessons, much cheaper for group classes, price depends on group size (max 5)
Beginner lessons in Cycling 74’s Max Msp software environment.
I have been working day in/day out with Max Msp for 7+ years and can help you on your way to achieve your goals.
My teaching practice:
Quality and affordable expert direction for you or your child’s musical education. I offer inspiring lessons with a vast amount of musical knowledge and experience in various genres to draw from, always tailored to suit you and your needs/wants. My lessons are fun and engaging while remaining appropriate and formal. Strong focus is made on student technique and musical understandings. I encourage versatility and provide a strong technical and musical foundation for you or your child to launch from in whichever field of study you want. Lessons with me are only part of a musical education as positive reinforcement, encouragement and exposure to music at home and in your environment are also keys to success.
My studio is a clean, safe and welcoming environment. I provide access to a vast amount of listen-able music, educational text books and audio-visual material as well as recording equipment. If desired, students are able to record their own CD’s for reflection and/or keepsake. (What a good Christmas present for the grandparents!)
Students are encouraged to perform at end of term concerts for invited friends and families and their fellow student peers.
I offer a four week trial period after which lessons are payable a term in advance. Missed lessons without 24 hours notice are typically not caught up (unless special circumstances) however, given notice, I will do my best to catch up missed lessons at a time that best suits both of us.
- Currently tutoring composition and lecturing in creative music technology at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
- 16+ years teaching experience (Bass guitar, Classical/Electric Guitar, Piano, Composition and Musicianship/Music Theory).
- 18+ years experience as a professional musician.
- Soon to complete PhD in Music Composition at Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
- 16+ years experience as a composer.
- Awarded Master of Music Composition as well as 1st class honours and a distinction average in Bachelor of Music Composition degree at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music.
- Numerous distinctions in AMEB exams with a final AmusA diploma on Piano, 7th Grade Musicianship, 6th Grade Guitar.
- Winner of the Alan Zavod Jazz/Classical fusion award in 2008.
- Have performed at multiple international jazz festivals in Europe and New York on Bass Guitar and Piano as well as numerous festivals in Australia.
- I have a strong passion for music in its inception, education, performance and composition.
- Advanced rhythmic studies are part of my main focus in my own personal development in music. Pushing rhythmic boundaries and practising complex rhythms has become second nature to me.
- I design my own computer software (including compositional, performance based and educational programs).
- 20 years experience recording sounds.
- I am dedicated to my students and to my profession as an educator and musician.
- I’m not quite sure what music is yet but I’m working on it..
- I am always seeking to learn more.
I live with my wonderful wife Alex and our lovely cats in our beautiful bush setting home in Hornsby. This is where we both teach from. Alex teaches flute (beginner to AmusA level) and is a full time music teacher at Asquith Girls High School.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to your call or email.
You can find a sample of some of my personal music explorations on this website:
These details were last updated on December 16, 2017