Josephine Tam – Répétiteur, Accompanist, Stage performer & Private tutor for Voice & Piano
Josie is an extremely talented musician. She completed her Bachelor of Music (performing double major in piano and violin) in 2007 and Honours in piano performance in 2008. She studies piano under the direction of Dr Gian-Franco Ricci and Mrs Ann O’Hearn, studied violin under the direction of Dr Susan Collins and studied vocal technique under the direction of Dr Jennifer Barnes and world famous Australian Opera singer Ghillian Sullivan.
Josie is in great demand as an accompanist and she is the accompanist for
• Echology Choir(University of Newcastle Chamber Choir);
• Newcastle University Choir in “Messiah”& “Carmina Burana”;
• Newcastle conservatorium Breast Cancer Choir;
• Conservatorium Youth Choir;
• Conservatorium Songshine Choir ;
• Conservatorium Vocal Ensemble;
• Conservatorium Callaghan Singers;
• Maitland Grossman HighSchool;
• Newcastle Festival Opera;
• Opera Hunter;
• Pantseat Prouductions;
• Taree, Lake Macquarie, Abermain Eisteddfods
• Waratah Girls Choir AMEB exams, Trinity Guilhall Exams, HSC, various Newcastle theatre groups & companies. As well, Josie plays in different quartets and trio for weddings and public performances and is also an enthusiastic teacher of music at the Newcastle Conservatorium and schools around Newcastle and Music Specialists Maitland Inc. Hunter Valley School of Music.
As well as a pianist, she was the lead role “Kim” in Opera Hunter’s 2009 production “Miss Saigon”; “Fiammetta” in Newcastle Festival Opera’s 2010 “The Gondoliers”; Musical Director in Newcastle Gilbert and Sullivan’s “Double Bill”; “Christmas Eve” in Pantseat Production’s 2011 “Avenue Q”, in which Josie has earned as a Nominee for “Best Actress in a leading role in a Musical” in 2011 33rd Conda Awards.
Josie is a member of the Echology Choir since 2008, winner of Channel 7 “Battle of the Choirs” TV show. She has toured with the Choir to China for the “World Choir Games” as a singer, pianist, as well as translator. She also coached, conducted and directed the choir in performing three Traditional Chinese folk songs during the tour performances and the tour CD recording, “Jasmine and Wattle” 2010. In which Josie Tam was selected by the University of Newcastle 100 Women Book, published in 2011.
Recently Josie Tam work as a répétiteur for Ghillian Sullivan Opera Performance School with well-known famous Opera singer Ghillian Sullivan; one of Australia’s finest vocal coaches and accompanists, Sharolyn Kimmorley; Vocal coach/chorus master at Queensland Conservatorium of Music, Griffith University, Norma Marschke and Company Stage Manager & Resident Director of Opera Australia, Victorian State Opera and Opera Queensland, Cath Dadd
These details were last updated on August 14, 2016