Amanda is really excited to be taking on students in Melbourne. If you have a performing dream, Amanda would love to help you achieve it. Having extensive experience as an industry professional, she is able to help her students work on all aspects of singing and performing.
Amanda is one of Australia’s most prolific Musical Theatre performers having over 20 years of experience on stage in roles such as Liza Minnelli in The Boy From Oz, Betty in Sunset Boulevard opposite Hugh Jackman, Oz in We Will Rock You (Helpmann Award) and originating the role of Elphaba in the Australian Production of Wicked.
Amanda has held successful master classes in Tasmania for The Musical Crew and in Brisbane for The Australian Musical Theatre Workshop at Harvest Rain Theatre Company. Amanda has held talks about her experience and also vocal coached in dance schools around the country as well as holding private classes.
Amanda will make lessons relaxed, informative and creative, concentrating on the individual’s needs and desires. She can provide guidance and career advice as well as straight forward lessons for those just wanting to sing better, professionally or not. Creating a solid foundation based on safe vocal technique with her specialty in helping students of musical theatre approach material as a ‘singing actor’.
Lesson structures can focus on:
• Improving technique with a focus on posture, breathing, support and pitch.
• Developing style, range and power.
• Bringing a higher quality performance and interpretation to your songs.
• Putting together repertoire and coaching for auditions or other performances.
• Learning how to overcome nerves.
• Vocal health.
A few things you should know about Amanda:
• I teach from home in Brighton, Melbourne.
• I don’t play piano. I work with backing tracks and warm-up apps (I can help you organize backing tracks for the songs you work on).
• I am a working professional and continue to work on various projects, therefore lessons must remain flexible for both myself and you.
• $80 per hour (weekly/fortnightly bookings)
• $100 per hour (one off sessions/casual bookings)
• No show – 100% payable
• Please make every effort to reschedule or give more than 24hrs notice for illness or other reasons.
• Weekday afternoons from 12pm – 3pm
If you have any other questions, or would like to book a lesson with Amanda, please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org.