Long established Hurstville piano studio run by Anna Damayanti, graduate of Moscow State Conservatorium and Sydney Conservatorium of Music (Masters). Anna has decades of experience in teaching piano and performing solo recitals in Europe and Asia and Australia. Her students range from very young beginners (starting from 3.5 years old) to university students in music degrees as well as some senior citizens who are taking up piano for their leisure. Over the years, Anna has taught at St catherine, Wenona, and Santa Sabina school. Currently Anna is an approved private piano tutor for UNSW bachelor students.
In Anna's studio the students:
- learn the right basic skills of piano playing
- are taught the extremely important skill of practice.
- prepare for AMEB exams (from preliminary to LMusc level) and theory / musicianship, including aural and music history (You can choose to do exams from other examination boards too)
- perform in the annual students concert in a beautiful city venue with a 9 foot grand concert piano.
- have smaller performance opportunities a few times a year.
Most importantly, Anna teaches her students to appreciate and enjoy piano music, and to learn life skills through piano study, namely discipline, persistence, taking responsibility, and character building. Anna can provide individual lessons for the 3-5 year old with the Suzuki method. Call Anna on 91505794 to set up an initial meeting time. Anyone is welcome to come and enjoy the annual students' concert to get the feel of the studio.
Anna is also founder of the Appassionato Music Academy, which provides lessons in other instruments, group lessons in various categories including baby and toddler classes. Details are in