Anthony Jackson Biography
Anthony Jackson is a live and studio bass guitarist from Perth, Western Australia. He has been playing guitar and bass guitar for the last 19 years, and has been involved in the Western Australian Music Industry for the past 13 years playing in numerous local, national and
international touring bands.
His first project was an alternative rock band called PIMP formed in 1999. They played shows around Perth with bands such as
Karnivool, Heavy Weight Champ and Full Scale. They released an EP in 2001.
In 2003 he joined the band Tragic Delicate with members of the Leederville TAFE music course. They released an EP and a full length album. They played extensively around Perth and received second place in the Perth Campus band competition.
In 2004 he joined the band Birds Of Tokyo and toured the country several times.
He co-wrote and played on their three full length albums.
• Day One in 2006
• Universes in 2008
• Broken Strings live acoustic album and
• Birds Of Tokyo in 2010
Birds Of Tokyo played the national Big Day Out tour in 2007 and 2009.
Anthony travelled to America with BOT and played the iconic venues The Viper Room and Whiskey A Go Go.
He has played alongside bands The Living End, Grinspoon, Faker, Dead Letter Circus, The Butterfly Effect, Silversun Pickups, Deftones and countless other local, national and
Anthony has been endorsed by Ampeg amplification, Warwick Bass, Planet Wave and Di Addarrio.
In 2010 Anthony became a session musician for the band The Siren Tower and Will Stoker and the Embers, as well as playing in his own projects, Therapist, Casino Sunrise and
The Loved Dead.
• AIR award for best rock song of the year for “WIld At Heart”
• Wami awards for Most Popluar live act, Most popular Album, Best Rock act.
• J Award for best Album “Universes”.
• ARIA award for Best Rock Album “Birds Of Tokyo”.
• Gold record for “Universes”.
• Gold and Platinum record for “Birds Of Tokyo”.
• Gold, Platinum and Double Platinum record for single “Plans”.