B.A. Music , Cert IV training and Assessment
*I’VE GIVEN 70,000 MUSIC LESSONS OVER 35 YEARS
*OVER 40 5-STAR REVIEWS ON FACE BOOK AND GOOGLE
*EXPERIENCE COUNTS! GET THE BEST!
I am a professional musician and teacher with over 35+ years’ experience. I have taught 1000s of students in that time. Many have gone on to become successful professional musicians themselves.
TEACHING QUALIFICATIONS AND STUDY
• B.A. Music UWS Nepean (with distinction) .Majors in Performance and Recording Engineering. GUITAR, SAX, BASS
• Workplace Training and Assessment Cert IV
• TAFE “Vital” Teaching Modules1-4
• Jazz Summer Camp: Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Studied with Jamie Abersold, David Baker, Howie Smith. GUITAR/BASS
• Studied with Gordon Brisker (Head of Jazz studies Sydney Conservatorium of Music.) SAX
• Studied with Eddie Bronson. SAX
• Studied with Peter Zog. GUITAR
I HAVE TAUGHT AT:
• St Pats College Campbelltown (Instrumental tuition)
• Liverpool Boys High (Wind ensemble)
• Cabramatta High school (Instrumental tuition)
• School of Guitar Technology Liverpool (Instrumental tuition)
• Miller T.A.F.E. (Recording engineering)
• Somerset Music Narellan (Instrumental tuition)
• Music for Seniors ( Liverpool council)
• Cross Connections Project (Cabramatta council)
• Skills West Training company Penrith (I.T Cert III and Business Admin Cert III)
I HAVE PLAYED WITH OR FREELANCED FOR:
• Stevie Wright… Keyboard
• Yahoo Serious…Guitar & Bass + Sound track composition
• Miss Murphy & the Bombers (Australian Idol) Sax
• Ray Burgess (Minor Pop Star/Talking Head)...Bass
• Tiny Tina (Australias-got-talent)...Guitar and Sax
• Stars Show Band…Sax and Percussion
• Chris Lastelle…Bass
• Vic Lanyon Band: TAMWORTH GOLDEN GUITAR WINNER...Guitar
• Jean Stafford: TAMWORTH GOLDEN GUITAR WINNER...Bass
• Nathan Cavaliri Band…Bass
• Tom Jones Show (Mick Jones)…Guitar and sax
• The Elton John Experience (Danny Elliot)...Guitar
• Dozens of others including my own bands playing Pop, Jazz, Fusion, Rock, Blues and Funk.
These are a selection of jams or solos over a variety of styles….for my original tunes please go to my reverbnation site.
https://www.reverbnation.com/bobmeredithWHY LEARN FROM ME
* Experience and knowledge count….even if you are just a beginner. I have developed my own methods and techniques to overcome the problems that beginners face. Get it right the 1st time and you’ll never struggle or have to go back and correct anything later on.
* I’m passionate about teaching and I believe you deserve a teacher who has a proven track record and wide professional experience.
* When you learn from me you get my 100% attention…. I don’t make phone calls, surf the net, play computer games or do my scale practice while you’re playing. (believe it or not this has happened to a lot of students before they came to me)
* I’ll be there every week; I won’t go off “On Tour” and put in a succession of inexperienced teachers as substitutes.
* I have a Current Working with Children Check (WWCC)
* I teach, or have knowledge of just about any style: Styles/interests include: Jazz, Classical, Latin, Fusion, Blues, Folk, Country, Bluegrass , Classic/Hard Rock, Funk, Soul, Neo Soul, 50s Rock, 60s pop, 70s rock, Metal, Reggae.
* I teach skills…..rather than bits and pieces of songs that you are not capable of mastering as a beginner. I regard this as entertainment…not tuition. My goal is to give you the skills to teach yourself….long after you have finished lessons.
* I have an organised lesson plan that I tailor to each student’s interests as they progress. I don’t waste your valuable lesson time scribbling things out on random bits of paper. I have written and self published 6 guitar methods, from beginner to advanced level….As well as a Rock Keyboard book for beginner band keyboard players.
* I have a track record of happy customers (please view my testamonials)
* I’m organised, experienced, good humoured, reliable, qualified, local….AND THE BEST :-)…..not the cheapest.
These details were last updated on January 25, 2018