I am a classical soprano, and recently returned to Perth after several years of training and performing in Europe. You can read more about and listen to some of my singing on my website: www.bonniedelahunty.com.
I have been teaching privately in all these places since 2014, and love to teach students of all different ages and levels.
I travel to you! The travel fee is included if you're local to me, or a small extra fee may be added outside this radius.
Depending on your age and level, lessons generally incorporate:
- Establishing a good warm up routine and technique (with a focus on breathing, posture/body awareness, and tone development).
- Musical skills, from learning to read music (beginners) to learning to sight read and learn complex music quickly (more advanced).
- Expanding repertoire and understanding how to sing in different styles.
- Learning to communicate text - with clear diction, intention and expression of the meaning (languages are a specialty and a passion of mine, and I can coach on music in French, German and Italian where relevant).
For those wanting to perform, we can also look at
- Stagecraft and presentation.
- Audition, exam and competition preparation.
I am experienced in singing and teaching a range of (mainly classical-based) styles including opera, oratorio, art songs/lieder, folk songs, musical theatre, jazz and choral music. I'll guide you in repertoire choices, but I'm always keen to work with what you love too.
Most of all, I am passionate about building and supporting students' love of music, and sharing the freedom that singing can bring.