Specialising in teaching beginners, I am a passionate violin teacher (and Mum) who loves to help kids learn in a fun and enjoyable way!
MY TEACHING PHILOSOPHY
In a nutshell, I believe...
- Playing violin as a child can enhance other areas of learning
- Fun is an essential part of learning - as is hard work!
- Anybody can learn to be musical
- Children benefit immensely from developing a skill they can be proud of
- Children need to be set up well on their instrument (with good posture & habits)
TEACHING EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 28 years experience playing violin and 15 years experience teaching.
- Diploma of Music Performance (ABRSM)
- Associate of Music (AMEB)
- Training in Suzuki & AMEB
- AUSTA member
- Working With Children Check
Developing a strong "musical ear" is an important part of learning any instrument, and I love to incorporate fun games and exercises in my teaching to ensure students develop excellent aural music skills. This will give them a musical foundation for life.
As a Mum and teacher, I know the importance of creating joy when learning, and I really believe violin lessons must be fun... because that's when they work the hardest!
To find out more, send me and email and I will send you a copy of my student information sheet.