B.Mus Comp (Hons 1)
I am an active music professional and educator based in Sydney, offering a well-rounded approach to your child’s musical education. My areas of expertise lie in music theory and composition, for which I offer a tailored lesson approach.
My work within the education sector has provided me with the skills to conduct one-to-one lessons. My balanced approach to tuition allows for a versatile music education, and I believe in a cross-disciplinary approach to learning theory as well as composition, whether it be a student attempting songwriting for the first time, or a student writing their fifth piano sonata. My formal qualifications in music teaching techniques, theory and composition along with my extensive knowledge of NESA, HSC, Australian and International Baccalaureate Music Curricula make me well equipped to provide teaching services that support individual required outcomes. My lessons aim to support individual compositional output whilst also introducing students to wider listening practice.
All of my lessons are conducted on an individual basis at a location convenient for students, with no additional fees for transport to and from homes. I provide two trial lessons for all students, after which lessons are payable on a term basis.
My lessons include: – AMEB Theory (all pathways and grades)
- General music theory (across multiple fields, from functional harmony to atonal practice)
- Music classroom assistance (extra guidance with compositional tasks etc.)
- Music technology fundamentals, including recording and producing
- Songwriting and beat production
- Classical composition, including HSC composition
Please see the services tab for a full list of services I provide.
I look forward to hearing from you via email or phone.
More about me:
· Bachelor of Music (Composition and Music Technology) First Class Honours with distinction average from Sydney Conservatorium of Music
· Music composer, performer (flute and percussion) and educator
· Formal training in many Digital Audio Workstations, with extensive knowledge in music software (Sibelius, Finale, Ableton, Logic Pro X, ProTools HD, MaxMSP, Garageband, Audacity, hardware and software synths)· Experience with private tutoring in music technology, composition and music theory and work in multiple schools across Sydney
· Experience within music classrooms, including conducting music technology workshops· Music engraver and copyists for multiple private clients, including the University of Sydney · Currently developing a new Australian music resource kit for use in classrooms across the country · You can take a look at some of my current work at www.ciaranframe.com
These details were last updated on March 14, 2018