Hey there! I am drumming and happiness queen, Jaymee Watkin. I own a little music school called The Buttery Music School, where I run my private drum lessons. In my lessons I can provide the following, and more...
- practical lessons on an acoustic drum kit, teaching the style and techniques I have gained throughout the past decade of performing
- how to read basic drums
- helping people aged 4 and over to develop confidence and pride within themselves
- helping people find passion and fun in music
- letting go of the troubles and stresses of work/ school life
- helping people understand rhythm and music in a practical sense
- touching on subjects such as genres in music, DIY recording, having fun with microphones, how to jam and be in bands, and playing to all of your favourite songs.
Jaymee is a seasoned performer, having played drums for Internationally renowned Aussie artist, Emma Louise. Jaymee has performed throughout Australia and Europe. She has performed National tours playing to sold out Arenas supporting World famous artist, Sam Smith. She has played at Australian music festivals such as Splendour in the Grass, Groovin the Moo, and many more. Other projects she has played in include indie folk band Moski Jo, gypsy folk band Luna Junction, indie rock band King Valley Trio, and country blues act Jayson Watkin.
Prior to her teaching career, Jaymee spent years working as a nanny, and is well acquainted with the little ones of all ages. She holds a current Blue Card. Jaymee has also taught people with learning and behavioural difficulties and anxiety disorders, and develops a deep and caring connection with every one of her students.
Lessons are taught on an acoustic kit in the private studio on Hyde Rd, Yeronga.