Hi, my name is Josh. I am a guitarist and guitar teacher with over 5 years of experience tutoring all styles and genres on the guitar. Whether you are a beginner, a school student, or an advancing performer looking to grow their skills, I love to see all students having fun while reaching their goals.
I graduated with a Bachelor of Music Degree Majoring in Contemporary & Jazz Guitar in 2018 from Excelsia College (formerly Wesley Institute), and have since had plenty of experience working as a live musician and guitar teacher for various schools, often teaching 40 individual students per week in several different locations.
During the pandemic lockdowns I have also adapted well to online learning platforms such as Zoom, Skype and Google Meet. I have since had over 1.5 years practice utilising these methods and modifying my studio for the best overall experience for my students. Now, I teach exclusively online because I really believe that online learning has unlimited potential.
- I teach all styles for all ages and abilities. Rock, Pop, Blues, Jazz, Funk, Country and Bass Guitar
- I teach all AMEB Rockschool, AMEB Classical Guitar, Trinity Rock & Pop exam syllabi
- I teach music theory in a really fun and engaging way that sparks student's curiosity for knowledge
- I teach students to be able to read music, chord diagrams, and tablature.
- I teach on Zoom and FaceTime, but am also able to use other online learning platforms too
My studio teaching setup:
- 5G Internet connection
- Macbook Pro with 720P HD FaceTime Camera
- Shure SM7B Microphone
- All relevant software including GuitarPro, Logic Pro X, Musescore
Please feel free to connect with me on social media and get in contact for lessons, thanks :)