Bachelor of Music (Performance), Diploma in Italian, AMEB Grade 8 Voice (Honours), Bachelor of Music (Honours), Masters of Music (Opera Performance), University of Melbourne,
Kate Amos is a highly sought-after experienced classical singer having completed a Masters of Music (Opera Performance) from The University of Melbourne in conjunction with Victorian Opera, as well as a Bachelor of Music (Performance) with Honours, from the University of Melbourne as well as a Diploma in Languages (Italian). She also has an Adv. Masters of Vocal Perfomance from the Welsh International Academy of Voice in Cardiff, UK.
Kate regularly performs Opera, Operetta, Musical Theatre and Lieder/art song in Australia and overseas from competitions, to recitals + concerts and is in frequent demand for musical shows and opera productions. She has performed leading roles with Opera Australia (2018) Victorian Opera (2014-2016, 2019), Gilbert and Sullivan Opera Victoria and Lyric Opera of Melbourne to name a few.
Kate was a Young Artist with Victorian Opera from 2014-15 and previously has performed in many productions including: ‘The Snowqueen’, 2007; and ‘Noah’s Flood’, 2006; La Traviata – Verdi (covered Violetta) 2014; ‘Hansel & Gretel’ (The Dew Fairy), 2014 ‘Cendrillon’ – Massenet, [title role], 2016; ‘Laughter + Tears’ (including I Pagliacci), 2016 and Parsifal – Wagner, 2019 at The Palais Theatre, Melbourne.
In 2016, Kate sang the title role of ‘Cinderella’ in VO’s production of ‘Cendrillon’ at The Playhouse, Arts Centre Melbourne to great acclaim and in 2017 was invited to perform ‘Rosina’ in “The Barber of Seville” at the Mediterranean Opera Festival in Sicily, Italy.
Kate has other qualifications including her Grade 8 AMEB certificate in Classical Voice (Honours) and has basic piano skills having also studied AMEB piano.
As a younger teacher Kate has the enthusiasm and flair that is well suited to her younger students as they are able to work off her energy creating a fun, healthy singing environment.
Kate is well accustomed to working with children also being a qualified swimming instructor! She teaches singing privately at home where she is able to give her full undivided attention to the development of her singing students in an environment where parents are invited to watch in on the lesson, if they wish! This is not possible at school! Kate also feels it is good for a parent to be able to measure their child’s progress.
Recent Achievements include:
- Opera Australia, Vic Schools Tour, leading roles in ‘By The Light of the Moon’, 2018
- Master of Opera – Welsh International Academy of Voice, Cardiff, Wales; 2017
- Victoria Opera current Young Artist; 2014-2016
- Lyric Opera of Melbourne – ‘The Red Apple’, ‘Our Man in Havana’ – Principal Artist; 2016
- G & S Opera Victoria – Principal artist 2009, 2012
- South Eastern Arts Festival Aria Winner 2013
- ‘Eisteddfod by the Bay’ Grand Aria Winner 2012
- Opera Scholar of the Year 2011/2012 – Australian Music Events
• Australian Singing Competition, Finalist award winner, 2014
• Finalist South Eastern Arts Festival Aria Final, 2011
• Finalist Warrnambool Eisteddfod Aria Final, 2011
• Finalist National German Liederfest 2011, 2012, 2013
• Melbourne University Athenaeum Competition: Vocal Prize Winner 2010
- Numerous other major awards at opera competitions and eisteddfods. Too many to list! Feel free to visit Kate’s website with her more comprehensive biography and photos.
These details were last updated on April 4, 2019