Bachelor of Music (Performance), Diploma in Italian, AMEB Grade 8 Voice (Honours), Bachelor of Music (Honours), Masters of Music (Opera Performance), University of Melbourne,
Kate Amos is a highly sought-after experienced classical singer having completed a Bachelor of Music (Performance) with Honours, from the University of Melbourne as well as a Diploma in Languages (Italian). Kate regularly performs Opera, Operetta, Musical Theatre and Lieder/art song at competitions, recitals, concerts and is often in musical shows and productions. She has performed leading roles with Victorian Opera, Gilbert and Sullivan Opera Victoria and Lyric Opera of Melbourne to name a few.
Kate is a current Young Artist with Victorian Opera and previously has performed in many productions including: ‘The Snowqueen’ – 2007 and ‘Noah’s Flood’ – 2006, ‘Christmas with Victorian Opera’ at the Arts Centre, Melbourne and the ‘VO Gala Concert’ at Hamer Hall in 2012, more recently she featured in ‘La Traviata’, ‘Hansel & Gretel’ and ‘Norma in Concert’ (2014).
In 2016, Kate sang the title role of ‘Cinderella’ in VO’s production at The Playhouse, Arts Centre Melbourne.
She also has her Grade 8 AMEB certificate qualification in Classical Voice (Honours) and plays basic piano. As a younger teacher Kate has the enthusiasm and flair that is well suited to her younger students as they are able to work off her energy creating a fun, healthy singing environment.
Kate is well accustomed to working with children also being a qualified swimming instructor! She teaches singing privately at home where she is able to give her full undivided attention to the development of her singing students in an environment where parents are invited to watch in on the lesson. This is not possible at school! Kate also feels it is good for a parent to be able to calculate their child’s progress.
Recent Achievements include:
- Master of Opera – Welsh International Academy of Voice, Cardiff, Wales; 2017
- Victoria Opera current Young Artist; 2014-2016
- Lyric Opera of Melbourne – ‘The Red Apple’, ‘Our Man in Havana’ – Principal Artist; 2016
- G & S Opera Victoria – Principal artist 2009, 2012
- South Eastern Arts Festival Aria Winner 2013
- ‘Eisteddfod by the Bay’ Grand Aria Winner 2012
- Opera Scholar of the Year 2011/2012 – Australian Music Events
• Australian Singing Competition, Finalist award winner, 2014
• Finalist South Eastern Arts Festival Aria Final, 2011
• Finalist Warrnambool Eisteddfod Aria Final, 2011
• Finalist National German Liederfest 2011, 2012, 2013
• Melbourne University Athenaeum Competition: Vocal Prize Winner 2010
- Numerous other major awards at opera competitions and eisteddfods. Too many to list! Feel free to visit Kate’s website with her more comprehensive biography and photos.
These details were last updated on January 28, 2018