BMUS (jazz guitar), MMUS (performance)
Guitar, improvisation and composition offered in one-to-one lessons by experienced jazz performer, session musician and tutor.
Expert advice, feedback and guidance areas including:
- Practice strategies, including suggested material and repertoire.
- Guitar technique; Discuss how to improve chordal playing, playing scales, creating good sound, and developing phrasing and articulation.
- Develop ability and creative ideas for melodic improvisation on various types of harmony
- Accompaniment – particularly I duo
- Discuss composition through a workshop type approach, illuminating effective tools and bring out a process of creative momentum
NOTE: I my approach is inclusive and friendly and I welcome a dialogue. I am happy to lead the content, however, using my knowledge and ability to shape your path is also encouraged. :-)
BMUS – Conservatorium Van Amsterdam (The Netherlands)
MMUS – Guildhall School of Music, London (England)
Catalogue of 40+ compositions published
Five solo albums released on Europeans labels (Jellymould Jazz, Ultra Sound Records, Babel)
Session and sideman on 20+ releases
Performed with and array of national and international artists, including:
Archie Shepp (jazz), Antonio Zambrini (jazz), Tommaso Starace (jazz), Laurence Cottle (jazz), Electric Barbarian (fusion), Karen David (pop), Will Vinson (jazz), Monika Lidke (folk/jazz), Ray Quinn (swing/pop), Bryan Abraham (jazz), Brandon Allen (jazz)
These details were last updated on July 4, 2018