Guitar Lessons at your home!
Styles: Rock, Blues, Pop, Folk, Jazz, Metal (Acoustic or Electric)
Skill Level: Beginner to Advanced
Suitability: Ages 9 years and up
Pricing: $35 for 30 minutes, $55 for 60 minutes
Guitar lessons in Brisbane with an experienced teacher!
Hi, I’m Lyndsay Hamey and thanks for visiting my page (if you would like to find out more about me, head to the bottom of the page)! I am a 24 year-old guitarist, songwriter, producer and teacher. I have been teaching for 6 years with students ranging from 10 to 33 years old and helping to inspire them through the power of music and guitar. Through individualised guitar tutoring and different music pedagogies (education techniques), I have guided my students to learn how to read music, play guitar, write their own music, pass music exams and auditions and helped children and adults realise their music potential. I understand that my students have different ways of learning and tailor my teaching methods to maximise their potential.
My students will learn how to:
• play expressively, rhythmically and most important, beautifully.
• read music and understand music theory while applying it to performing so that they can be independent music makers.
• play the songs that they want
• discover and understand chords and strumming patterns
• enjoy a breadth of different genres
• learn how to use different techniques to enhance their playing
• develop their confidence through music and guitar
• understand the framework for improvisation and become excellent rhythm and lead guitarists
• how to write their own songs
30-minute lesson – $35
60-minute lesson – $55
Lessons can take place either in my home studio located in Kelvin Grove or in the comfort of your very own home. I offer lessons throughout the week and am very flexible to your needs. Rates can be negotiated depending on distance and difficulty of getting to your home.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and get started on your creative persuits!
Lyndsay is a 24 year-old guitarist, songwriter, singer and music producer. He grew up in Hong Kong (Half-Chinese, Half-Australian) and played in various bands before returning to Australia to complete a Bachelor Degree in Music at QUT. His performance features include Hong Kong festival “Clockenflap” featuring artists such as Chic ft. Nile Rodgers, Earth, Wind & Fire, The Rubens, Alt-J, The Vaccines and The Flaming Lips. He has also produced multiple EP’s for local Brisbane bands and continues to produce and perform music while studying his Graduate Diploma of Education at QUT.
These details were last updated on February 24, 2017