"One of Australia’s finest saxophonists"- Nik Fotakis (Jazz Australia)
"He truly has a gift for expression" - Bobby Watson (USA)
I have my WWC and public liability insurance. I've been teaching for 9 years. Teach all ages from primary school to Adults, also have done Jazz Masterclasses at JMI (Jazz Music Institute, Brisbane).
This is especially for those wanting to improve their knowledge and skill level playing Jazz.
- 4 TIME FINALIST FOR GENERATIONS IN JAZZ JAMES MORRISON SCHOLARSHIP
- 2013 THELONIOUS MONK INTERNATIONAL SAXOPHONE COMP SEMIFINALIST
- FEATURED IN DOWNBEAT MAGAZINE (USA)
- NOMINATED FOR 2016 YOUNG AUSTRALIAN JAZZ ARTIST OF THE YEAR
- DEBUT ALBUM "UNEXPECTED GREETING" (ABC) 4 STARS IN "THE AUSTRALIAN"
- PERFORMED LIVE ON ABC BRISBANE,PERTH,SUNSHINE COAST.
- WORKED IN NEW YORK WITH DRUMMER BILLY KAYE (CHARLIE PARKER, THELONIOUS MONK, STANLEY TURRENTINE)
- COMPOSITIONS PERFORMED BY DIVERGANCE JAZZ ORCHESTRA
Have Performed At
Melbourne International Jazz festival, Manly Jazz Festival, Sydney Opera House, Sydney Entertainment Centre, Sydney Town Hall, Foundry 616, The Basement, 505, The Ellington (Perth), The Jazz Lab (Melbourne), Doo Bop Jazz Bar (Brisbane), Smalls Jazz Club (NYC), Smoke Jazz Club (NYC), Fat Cat (NYC), Smithsonian (Washington D.C) and many more
Have Played With
Joel Frahm (USA), Carl Allen (USA), Rodney Whittaker (USA), Reggie Thomas (USA), Steve Carrington (USA), Stacy Dillard (USA), Dale Barlow, James Morrison, James Muller, Evelyn Duprai, Emma Pask, Judy Bailey, Phil Stack,
“What he has achieved insures an
extremely bright future.” – Jimmy Heath (USA)
“He Flaunts an assertive tone, with an advanced harmonic sensibility and technical fluency that confirm his reverence to Bird and Cannonball Adderley”- Bob Doerschuk (Downbeat Magazine)
"Due to his dedication, passion and love for music he has developed into a highly skilled professional saxophonist" (Vincent Herring)