I offer fun and engaging piano lessons.
I tailor lessons to student needs and interests, offering options including:
• Teaching repertoire of varied styles specific to student preferences including classical and pop music
• Teaching students how to read music, read chord charts and improve their technique
• Teaching students how to improvise and compose their own pieces or songs
• Teaching students how to accompany themselves or others and play piano duets
• Preparing students for performances and AMEB Piano and Piano for Leisure exams
I have 7 years of experience teaching children, teenagers and adults. I currently teach piano and singing at Beaumaris Primary School through Poco Music.
I have a Bachelor of Music (Classical Piano Performance)/Bachelor of Commerce (Economics) from Monash University. I received Honours for AMEB Grade 8 Piano for Leisure. I have completed Secondary Level 2 and Primary Level 1 of the Australian Kodaly Certificate, obtaining the skills and knowledge to deliver a sequential, cumulative, developmental and aural-based music curriculum. I have a Working with Children Check.
I offer both face to face and online lessons, with availability of face to face lessons depending on the current COVID-19 situation.
I have a passion for making music and love to share this with students. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or would like more information about lessons.