- Bachelor of Music and AMEB Accredited.
- Current Instrumental Teacher at 4 private secondary schools.
- Experienced and certified within a wide range of musical styles.
- Passionate about helping students reach their musical goals.
- Flexible and diverse teaching methods.
I am a graduate of the Queensland Conservatorium Griffith University where I studied a Bachelor of Music in performance on saxophone and flute. During my degree I undertook several courses directed towards teaching such as pedagogy, music history, aural studies and music theory. I have also completed the Australian Music Examination Board’s (AMEB) Grade 8 classical saxophone exam.
I have taught within a diverse range of settings that include: private school instrumental specialist, sessional band workshops, after-school academies, as well as maintaining my own private teaching studio. Through this time I have happily experienced a great number of students that collectively displayed a wide spectrum of contrasting ages, backgrounds and abilities. I am a firm believer that anyone can learn music provided they are given the right support and are willing to set aside regular time to practice.
*Valid Blue Card holder.