Kiddy Keys is a modern and engaging approach to teaching musical skills and concepts to preschool children, getting them ready for private music lessons.
In Kiddy Keys, children have so many learning opportunities – all in the name of fun!
Here’s a sample of what children learn:
• Rhythm and movement exercises that develop fine and gross motor skills
• Recognition of notes and note values, music staff and piano keys
• Counting exercises to help recognise numbers and develop math skills
• Building of memory skills through repeated music terminology
• Creative development through improvisation, composition, and keyboard exploration
• Development of interpersonal skills through group interaction
• Improved hand-eye coordination through experience with rhythm instruments and the keyboard
• Reinforcement of listening skills
• Recognition of the music alphabet, colors, and shapes with worksheet activities
• Music story time focusing on composers, music terminology, and character development
• Weekly life lessons incorporating positive emotional and social skills to build self-worth
Mixed age classes encourage older children to lead by example, showing younger learners new skills and behaviors. More than anything, KiddyKeys is a music program that recognise that “Every Child Is A Star” and helps children to see that star quality in themselves and in the people around them.