Music/Guitar Tuition from University accredited experienced teacher
Electric/Acoustic, Lead and Rhythm playing
Various styles: Rock, Blues, Jazz, Metal, Alternative, Classical, Funk, Country, Folk, Pop etc
Music Notation, Chord Charts and TAB
Music Theory, Aural and Ear Training, Perfomance Techniques, Creative and Improvisation Skills
All ages and Skill Levels – Beginners to Advanced, HSC or AMEB Tutoring
I am an experienced guitarist of over 15 years, I have played in various covers and original bands and am highly proficient in a wide variety of styles and genres – from rock, blues, jazz, metal, alternative, folk, country, classical, funk, pop and anything in between.
I have completed a Bachelor of Music degree at the Newcastle University Conservatorium of Music in 2012 (which included an elective course called Pedagogy, which directly involved the concepts of teaching an instrument, in which I achieved a High Distinction mark)
(If you are intersted in hearing any of my playing, I have a few live recordings on my Soundcloud page www.soundcloud.com/sam-peacock)
I have many years of experience teaching privately from my studio and at local music stores; Music Solutions at Warners Bay and iPlay Music at Morrisett. I have also been providing guitar tuition at Lakes Grammar Anglican School at Warnervale.
I teach students of all skill levels (absolute beginners through to advanced) and all ages (you are never too old or young to start!). I teach with a patient and understanding approach and cater my lessons for the individual students needs and goals, setting a clear practice routine and providing feedback to allow the student to reach their musical goals.
Whether you are an absolute beginner picking up the guitar for the first time, wanting to learn how to read music or TAB and learn how to play some of your favourite songs,
or an experienced player looking to master a specific style or technique, or improve your knowledge of theory I can help you achieve your musical goals. I can also help coach for HSC music exams or AMEB grades. Whatever you are interested in learning I’ve got you covered.
Overall I aim to make my lessons a fun and rewarding experience!
• Located in Valentine, Lake Maquarie – close proximity to local schools, (e.g just down the road from Valentine Public School) and 20 mins from Newcastle. (please contact for full address)
• NOW OFFERING 2ND STUDIO LOCATION IN ADAMSTOWN HEIGHTS (Starting from mid October 2017)
Located just off Brunker Road, close proximity to bus stops and local schools in the area.
• Dedicated purpose built music studio with multiple guitars and amps, bass guitar and bass amp, effects pedals, electronic drum kit, keyboard and recording equipment. A comfortable, relaxed, fun and engaging learning environment for all ages.
• AMEB ‘Contemporary Popular Music’ Grades 1 to 4 (all grades)
• Bachelor of Music Newcastle University Conservatorium of Music
Double Major in Creative Production and Guitar (Credit Average)
• Police Background Check Certificate
PRICING: (please see image of Pricing Sumary)
• Standard rate is $30 per half hour – or discounted rate of $270 for commiting to a 10 week term and paying upfront (10% off).
• Hour long lessons can also be scheduled.
• Group lessons can also be arranged.
• First introductory lesson FREE of charge!
Music is my biggest passion and I am very enthusiastic about sharing my experience and knowledge with my students. I find it very rewarding to see my students progress and achieve their musical goals.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you are interested, I am flexible in meeting your needs as teaching is my profession and day job.
Please contact me either via email or phone/text to book a time.
(PLEASE PROVIDE A CONTACT NUMBER THAT I CAN REACH YOU ON).
Mobile: 0 4 3 1 2 1 1 4 3 4