Hello, my name is Serena Cheung. I am a highly experienced violin performer with a passion for teaching music performance and theory. With a Bachelor degree in Music Performance, I provide structured lessons that follow the current VCAA Study Design and tips for assessments and end of year exams.
With the following qualifications and experiences, I offer both AMEB and Suzuki teaching styles for violin and piano that help enrich the student’s performance techniques, musicality and interest in music.
• Masters of Teaching (primary and secondary) Monash
• Bachelor of Music, Monash University 2017
• Previously taught by Professor Kim Hyun Ji at Seoul National University and Julian Quirit at Monash and Melbourne University
• Raw score of 50 in VCE Music Performance
• Full music scholarship at Melbourne Girls Grammar School 2009-2014
• L.Mus.A in Violin 2011
• A.Mus.A with Distinction in Violin 2009
• A.Mus.A with Distinction in Piano 2007
• AMEB 6th Grade Musicianship Theory 2007
• Awarded the Elizabeth Scarlett Scholarship at Monash university 2015
• Several solo performances at Monash Graduation Ceremonies since 2015
• Invited to perform on ‘The Talent’ on 3MBS radio 2014
• Prize winner at the Animato International Violin Competition 2013
• Finalist and Audience Prize of 3MBS Young Performers Award 2013
• First prize in String Section, Hepzhibah Menuhin Award, Music Society of Victoria 2013
• Finalist of the Preston Symphony Concerto Competition 2012
• Prizewinner of the 4th ASEAN International Chopin Piano Competition 2010
• Recipient of the Paul McDermott Scholarship 2009
I will be available after the new year. For any enquiries, please feel free to contact me via email.