My lessons are geared towards beginner and intermediate students who are passionate about learning saxophone either with the intention of pursuing a musical career or for pure enjoyment. I approach instrumental teaching by focusing on the fundamentals of music and eventually progressing to working on achieving great musicality.
I am a saxophonist who has been playing saxophone for 10 years. Let me tell you a bit about myself:
- I was awarded a distinction for my Trinity London College Associate (ATCL) Diploma in Classical Saxophone Performance.
- I have completed grades 3 - 8 of performance in both the AMEB and ATCL syllabuses and grades 1 - 4 of AMEB theory.
- I have extensive experience competing in various competitions across South-East Queensland
- I have extensive experience performing in various duets, trios, quartets and bands.
- I was 1 of 2 alto saxophonists in the Queensland Youth Orchestra: Wind Symphony, for 2 years.
I am also a qualified academic mentor and tutor with an award-winning company that is dedicated to providing holistic tutoring with additional emphasis on providing students with transferable life skills that are vital to their success in the "real world". This role has provided me with extensive tutoring strategies that can be easily applied to saxophone lessons.