Career highlights on my students’ achievements:
L.MusA with Distinction (2021)
VCE Music Performance near perfect 49.17 (2021)
Hone Full Scholarships Melbourne Grammar (2019)
Half Scholarship Camberwell Grammar (2019)
You can never go wrong with Wei (Harry), a VIT registered teacher, and concert violinist. With over 10 years teaching experience at schools. Harry is former Head of String at Mount Scopus Memorial College, Carrum Down Secondary College and Cheltenham Secondary College. He is currently teaching full time at Wesley College St Kilda
Here are my values in teaching:
- Harry knows how to inspire, motivate and engage students.
- Harry knows students' zone of Proximal Development to push students reach their best potential
- Harry knows how to break down difficult techniques into step by-step mastery as well as practice plans and strategies.
- Harry spends time to get to know each student's learning styles, cognition patterns as well as their obstacles and difficulties.
Wei started his violin journey at the age of 4 and developed a perfect pitch since. He was awarded A.MUS.A and L.MUS.A in the same year when he was only 13. He graduated from Melbourne University with a Bachelor of Music with first class honor in the performance stream.
Wei currently plays on Giovanni Francesco Pressenda 1830 violin proudly supported by the foundation of Chimei Museum.
Harry completed his Master of Teaching to be a fully qualified teacher. Wei is now VIT registered and fully equipped with the latest pedagogy to maximize students' performance by providing individually tailored tuition for each unique student. Wei is also experienced in teaching students with Autism.
He is now offering the following services after school hours and on weekends. He knows that they are so many busy families so he offers to travel your home (Southeastern Suburbs) to save you from travelling time and petrol as he believes that music should be such an enjoyable hobby to have rather than to a chore to attend to.
- Violin Teaching all levels: Suzuki, AMEB, VCE etc at my spacious home studio with Grand Piano in Keysborough.
$45/30mins (Recommended for age between 4-6)
$65/45mins (AMEB up to grade 4 maximum)
$85/60mins (For best achievement and AMEB students )
Travel fees: $10 (St Kilda, Caulfield, Oakleigh, Clayton surroundings)
- Aural Training/Music Theory Tutoring: Perfect Pitch, AMEB grades, School Assignments, VCE Music Performance, VCE Music Styles, International Baccalaureate
$80/60mins (Minimum for Theory Only)
Time can be shared or added between Theory and Violin.
Individual School Term Package options available upon request.