Current Head of Strings at BGS
Wei started his violin journey at the age of 4 and developed a perfect pitch since. He was awarded A.MUS.A and L.MUS.A in the same year when he was only 13. He graduated from Melbourne University with a Bachelor of Music with first class honor in the performance stream.
Wei had played on Elman Stradivarius 1722 and is currently plays on Giovanni Francesco Pressenda 1830 violin proudly supported by the foundation of Chimei Museum.
Wei completed his Master of Teaching to be a fully qualified teacher. Wei has full VIT Registration and TQI Registration and fully equipped with the latest pedagogy to maximize students' performance by providing individually tailored tuition for each unique student. Wei is also experienced in teaching students with Autism.
Recent Career highlights from my students’ achievements:
- First Price Music Society Victoria Competition (2022)
- L.MusA with Distinction (2021)
- A.MusA (2020)
- VCE Music Performance near perfect 49.17 (2021)
- Hone Full Scholarships Melbourne Grammar (2019)
- Half Scholarship Camberwell Grammar (2019)
Student Performance Example:
You can never go wrong with Wei (Harry), Fully VIT and TQI registered teacher, and concert violinist. With over 10 years teaching experience at schools. Harry is former Head of String at Mount Scopus Memorial College, Carrum Down Secondary College and Cheltenham Secondary College. He is currently teaching MYP Classroom Music Strings year 5-8 full time at Wesley College St Kilda. Harry is currently Head of Strings at Brighton Grammar
Here are my values in teaching:
- Wei knows how to inspire, motivate and engage students.
- Wei knows students' zone of Proximal Development to push students reach their best potential
- Wei knows how to break down difficult techniques into step by-step mastery as well as practice plans and strategies.
- Wei spends time to get to know each student's learning styles, cognition patterns as well as their obstacles and difficulties.
- High expectation with the ability to motivate and push students
He is now offering the following services after school hours and on weekends. He knows that they are so many busy families so he offers to travel your home to save your travelling time and expensive fuel. Learning music should be such an enjoyable hobby to have rather than to a chore to attend to.
- Violin Teaching all levels: Suzuki, AMEB, VCE, Scholarships Diploma level etc.
$60/30mins (Recommended for age between 4-6)
$90/45mins (AMEB up to grade 4 maximum)
$110/60mins (For best achievement and AMEB students )
Teach at your home Travel fees:
$10- 20 depending on availability
- Aural Training/Music Theory Tutoring: Perfect Pitch, AMEB Theory, Musicianship Grades, International Baccalaureate
$110/60mins (Minimum for Theory Only)
Time can be shared or added between Theory and Violin.
Individual School Term Package options available upon request.