Singing Teacher/Vocal Coach
Some thoughts to consider.
Do you love singing?
Do you loose power in your voice when the tune you're singing is low?
Are your higher notes thin and weak or difficult to sing?
Do you experience shifts in your voice when singing through your range from low to high or high to low?
Do you run out of breath easily?
Is your voice tired or hoarse after singing?
If you answered 'yes' to one or more of these questions, you'll enjoy singing lessons as they cover all these issues and more.
Here's a couple of tips to get you started.
- Keep your posture well aligned from head to toe as if your head is being pulled upwards by a piece of string.
- While keeping your shoulders still, breathe from your diaphragm allowing your belly and chest to expand.
- Focus your sound onto the roof of your mouth which will create tone quality and strength in your voice.
- Sing quietly initially to achieve those challenging higher notes. The power will come later.
- Sing softly at first to encourage your voice into tune and perfect pitch.
Many years ago one of my students couldn't sing in tune at first but within 18 months he sang 'Music of the Night' from 'Phantom of the Opera' and he was brilliant.
Many of my students join local stage production companies and gain leading singing roles. Recently a 16 year old student of mine played the lead role of Christine, also from Phantom, which was a great challenge for her but she achieved it receiving standing ovations. Both these students owe their success to training and their own passion to sing and determination to succeed.
For students who enjoy achieving goals, the Australian Music Board Vocal Examinations are available and are taken annually. Result - B+ Credit and A+ Distinction are not uncommon for some of my students. These exams are by no means compulsory and it's not an issue if students decline. It's not for everyone.
I enjoy helping VCE and HSC students with their final years singing assessments and exams.
If you love singing, you don’t need to have a naturally gifted or even tuneful voice because with training, determination and perseverance you will succeed.
Please click the back arrow on the screen tool bar to find more information and contact details.