I provide an initial and ongoing diagnosis and correction (where necessary) of a student's technical needs to enable them to achieve their performance goals.
Students are then shown how to develop:
• A keyboard technique that reduces tension in the hands.
• An excellent understanding of musical styles and how to attain those styles physically.
• The ability to perform using traditional notation and lead sheets and/or song sheets with only chords.
• The ability to improvise, subsequently leading to writing their own musical compositions.
• A sound understanding of music theory, which is applied to real performance needs.
Students will be prepared for exams as required. I have previously worked with a number of the main examining bodies, including the AMEB, ABRSM, ANZCA .