I provide an initial and ongoing diagnosis and adjustment (where necessary) of a student's technical skills to enable them to achieve their performance goals.
Students are then shown how to develop:
• A relaxed vocal technique that promotes vocal health by using the natural voice. This leads to greater vocal flexibility, the extension of range and the elimination of register breaks.
• An excellent understanding of musical styles, from classical to contemporary and how to attain those styles physically.
• The ability to read, and ultimately, sight sing sheet music.
• The ability to improvise over a variety of chord progressions and in a variety of styles.
• A sound understanding of music theory, which is applied to real performance needs.
• The ability to write their own songs and/or song arrangements.
Students will be prepared for exams as required. I have previously worked with a number of the main examining bodies, including the AMEB, ABRSM, ANZCA.