I provide an initial and ongoing diagnosis and correction (where necessary) of a student's technical needs to enable them to achieve their performance goals.
Students are then shown how to develop:
• A keyboard technique that uses the natural weight of the fingers and arms for tone production, which allows greater mobility, speed and depth of tone due to the reduction of tension in the hands.
• An excellent understanding of musical styles and how to attain those styles physically.
• The ability to perform using traditional notation and lead sheets and/or song sheets with only chords.
• The ability to improvise, subsequently leading to writing their own musical compositions.
• A sound understanding of music theory, which is applied to real performance needs.
Students will be prepared for exams as required. I have previously worked with a number of the main examining bodies, including the AMEB, ABRSM, ANZCA and the VCE.